Raising Resilient Kids with
Kathryn Berkett from Engage Training
Neuroscience can help us understand many factors about ourselves, and therefore help us become more aware and controlled in our actions.
We are constantly hearing that we want our children to build resilience, which is an exceptionally important goal. However, what we need to understand if we want to increase resilience, is how this concept is built in the brain. What does it really mean to build resilience. What do we, as adults, need to provide to support this learning?
This workshop will help you understand the fundamental neuroscience aspects of building resilience. The concept of supporting our children into ‘tolerable moments of feeling’ will be introduced and unpacked.
This information will make complete sense to all those who are involved with children: adults, church leaders, teachers etc. True change requires consistent, appropriate and repeated modelling and feedback. This is why it is best that all those in the community who wish to support this move towards increased resilience, understand the information in this session.
This training will be delivered in easy to understand language with examples that will ensure attendees will leave with a full understanding of how to move forward with the information.
Hamilton - Fairfield Baptist Church, 1101 Heaphy Tce, Hamilton
- 17th April: 7-9pm - "Parents seminar"
- 18th April: 9-11am - "Going Deeper for Children's Workers"
Tauranga - venue TBC
- 18th April: 7-9pm - "Parents seminar"
- 19th April: 9-11am - "Going Deeper for Children's Workers"
Wellington - Lifeswitch, 3 Reynolds Bach Drive, Silverstream
- 1st May: 7-9pm - "Parents seminar"
- 2nd May: 9-11am - "Going Deeper for Children's Workers"
Palmerston North - Life Church, 590 Featherston Street Palmerston North
- 2nd May: 7-9pm - "Parents seminar"
- 3rd May: 9-11am - "Going Deeper for Children's Workers"
- Evening seminars: $10.00 individual or $15 couple
- Children's Workers seminars: $15.00 individual
Carey Nieuwhof in New Zealand -
13th-17th May 2018
Sunday 13th May
- 10.00am - Preaching at Gateway Church, 950 Victoria St, Hamilton
- 3.00pm-5.00pm - Orange mini seminar for pastors and church leaders . Hamilton Central Baptist Church. Tickets $15
- 7.00pm-9.00pm - Parenting Beyond Your Capacity mini seminar. Hamilton Central Baptist Church. Koha/donation will be taken.
Morning and afternoon tea provided. Registrations open at 8.15am.
- Hamilton on Monday 14th May - Hamilton Central Baptist Church, 33 Charlemont St, Hamilton
- Wellington on Wednesday 16th May - Life Switch Church, 3 Reynolds Bach Dr, Silverstream
- Dunedin on Thursday 17th May - Mornington Presbyterian Church, 16 Maryhill Tce, Dunedin.
- The High Impact Leader
- Breaking Growth Barriers (esp. the 200 barrier)
- 10 Predictions About Future Church
- Renewing The Leaders Heart
- $75.00pp Early Bird - Closes 20th April 2018
- $90.00pp - Regular
- Group Discount - buy 5 get 1 free